Articles of Interest
Erin's Etiquette Corner<< Back
- Erin's Etiquette Corner - #1 Shall we Dance? Procedure for extending and accepting an invitation to dance
Shall we Dance? Procedure for extending and accepting an invitation to dance.
You mean, there are rules about that? Yes indeed. Rules that help facilitate an understanding between partners, rules that keep the ballroom churning and happy, and rules that protect the feelings of both the person asking for the dance and the person being asked.
- Erin's Etiquette Corner - #2 The Joy is in the Journey: How to Enter and Exit the Dance Floor
The Joy is in the Journey: How to Enter and Exit the Dance Floor
This topic seems extremely straightforward. What more could there be to getting on and off the dance floor than walking out there and starting to dance? So glad you inquired.
- Erin's Etiquette Corner - #3 What am I Going to Wear?: Head to Toe Attire for the Dance Floor
What am I Going to Wear?: Head to Toe Attire for the Dance Floor
When you're preparing to head to a dance, consider the contents of your closet carefully. You need to make choices that will help you look, feel and move your best, while taking into consideration the comfort and safety of your partner(s).
- Erin's Etiquette Corner - #4 Now what do we do?: How to social dance with a partner
Now what do we do?
If you?ve made it to this edition of Erin?s Ettiquette Corner, you?ve managed to successfully invite a partner to dance, you?ve entered the dance floor without incident, and dahling?you look mahvelous!
It?s now time to begin dancing.
- Erin's Etiquette Corner - #5 How to Take a Dance Class
Learning politely is as easy as ABC.
Arrive on time. If you're 5 minutes early, you're already late. Be sure to get to the lesson in plenty of time to get checked in, fill out a name-tag, change into your dance shoes, wash your hands and silence your phone.